Please go to our Community Page here for all events in and around town!
To find out details about events through the Township Summer Recreation programs, go here.
First off, Canada Day party at the beach.. and the fun cardboard boat races are back!
Cardboard Boat Race Rules
July 1st, 2016 - 1:30 pm at Manitowaning Beach
Construction Material & Rules
1. The ENTIRE boat must be built from cardboard & duct tape. Duct tape may be used to reinforce seams.
2. You must provide your own paddle and only the paddle may be used to propel the boat. Note: Only one paddle per rower is allowed per boat. The shaft of the paddle may be made from a wooden dowel, but the blade part must be made out of cardboard.
3. Pre-treated cardboard such as waxed cardboard is allowed.
4. Fastening material is to be duct tape only. Decorations are allowed and encouraged provided they are not used as structural or floatation elements. Crew costumes are encouraged.
Design is left to builder(s). Let your imagination take over.
1. Every participant must wear a personal floatation device (PFD).
2. Boats must carry no more than 2 occupants.
3. The rowers in the boat must not be enclosed above the shoulders. The rowers must be visible at all times while the boat is in the water. The rowers who start the race must finish the race without leaving the interior of the boat.
4. During competition, the rowers must be IN the boat, not towing it, or holding it between their legs, swimming or allowing the PFD to provide the floatation of the vessel.
5. Throwing water on another boat is reason for disqualification.
6. Sunken or discarded boats must be disposed of in trash receptacles.
Age categories are subject to change depending on registration.
The Titanic Award – given to the team of the boat that sinks in the most spectacular fashion without any loss of life.
We hope to see you at some of the community events!